COVID-19 – Your questions answered – before you travel
- What happens if I have Covid symptoms and have been advised to self isolate or I have Covid-19 and cannot travel? or the area that I live is in a local lockdown and my holiday departure date is within the lockdown period so I am unable to travel.
- If you contract Covid-19 within 14 days of your departure date and have a medical certificate to confirm this (proof will be required), or the area that you live is in a local lockdown you can move your holiday to a later date this season or next season. If you would prefer to cancel you will need to contact your Insurance provider.
- What happens if the FCO travel advice changes to ‘all but essential travel’ or the UK introduces a quarantine period for arrivals from my holiday destination?
- What happens if France introduces a quarantine period, or the resort of Megeve is in lockdown or the ski lifts are unable to operate due to the Covid pandemic.
- We know that things can change at a moment’s notice. If, when you are due to travel, there are restrictions in France, or your holiday has to be cancelled, you will have a choice of changing your dates free of charge, receiving a credit for a future booking or a refund. However, for a full refund there will be a £50 per person admin fee.
- My holiday and flight is still going ahead, however, I no longer wish to travel. Can I move my holiday or can I cancel free of charge?
- With our new flexible booking conditions you can change your dates up to the date that the final balance is due (currently 4 weeks), you have the option to postpone your holiday until next year and your deposit payment will go against a future booking with us. Once you have paid your final balance, If you decide to cancel your booking, because you do not wish to travel, you will lose any monies you have paid in accordance with our normal terms & conditions.
COVID-19 – Your questions answered – on your holiday
- What happens if there is travel advice while I am away to warn against all but essential travel to France or Switzerland?
- All expenses for alternative travel, testing, treatment or self-isolation will need to be covered by yourselves. It is important that you have travel insurance that covers such costs incurred due to Coronavirus.
- What happens if while I am away there is a travel advice update, and I will now have to quarantine on my return from holiday?
- If the FCO is not advising against all but essential travel, the trip will complete as normal. If you wish to curtail your trip and get home in order to arrive before the quarantine comes in to place, this would be your own choice. In this scenario you will not receive a refund on any remaining days of your holiday.
- Who pays any costs incurred if I contract COVID-19 symptoms whilst on holiday?
- You will need to contact your travel insurance provider so they can advise you.
- What happens if I become unwell or start to show COVID-19 symptoms whilst on holiday?
- You should seek medical assistance and report any illness/symptoms Immediately. All costs incurred from testing, treatment or self-isolation will need to be covered by yourselves.